How can we make more money?
OK, this is the question we answer for clients all the time, and I guess the 1st thing to do is to change it round:
From: How can we make more money?
To: How can we generate more demand for what we do?
After all, everything is just a market delivered by supply and demand.
And then this question will start to get the creative juices flowing with really great questions that, if answered well and delivered on, will result in a greater flow of money to you. (And this is true whether you’re the MD of a Fortune 500 Organisation or the newest employee in a small business).
- How can we be more valuable?
- What value is most desirable to our customer?
- What value will they be wanting in the future?
- What will they need to experience in order to rave about us?
- What could we stop doing because it adds no value?
- Where are we wasting time and resource but don’t yet know it?
- How will we know the answers to all these questions?
- How can we be more approachable and reliable?
- How can we listen more closely, so they love us more?
- How can we stand out from the crowd?
- How can we get our message out more effectively?
And then, when we answer these questions and act on them, the question ‘How can we make more money?’ answers itself.