How do we gather feedback effectively?
In the world of the empowered customer, feedback is the breakfast of champions.
In the ‘old world’ of one way mass communication, marketing was king, but as this changes to the world of two way mass communication, the power of marketing continues to diminish and the power of engagement and innovation around the customer’s REAL needs is the new main business driver.
And effective feedback systems are the powerhouse of this driver.
So, how do we gather feedback effectively?
The answer to this is specific to the specific situation of your organisation and situation, in exactly the same way that marketing has been. It would be churlish to write ‘just do these things and this will solve all your problems’ (exactly as it would with marketing). In short, there is no quick fix.
But here are some rules to help:
- Do it for a genuine reason – this is a new world, not a PR exercise
- Get it going little by little – test and measure every step
- Put robust follow up and action systems in place early – it’s not the feedback that matters, it’s what you do with it that counts
- Do it properly – this is not a cheap or a quick fix exercise, this is about building up long term customer loyalty, reputation, referrals and innovation
- Design it to enhance the customer experience in itself – not an annoyance to the customer!
- Make it personal – this is about genuinely building relationships
- Continually focus and hone it – this is now an essential business survival tool
For help in setting this up and auditing effectiveness, please see www.investorsinfeedback.com