How do we get the most out of social media?
There’s a lot of HYPE about social media, combined with a lot of activity, and usually very few real results – so here’s a very simple and effective approach.
- Focus on ‘getting it right’ first. People and organisations who are genuine, passionate, committed and attentive are like catnip to others, whether they get everything right or not – it’s their attitude and stance that’s so attractive. Focus on being genuine, passionate, committed and attentive in your field FIRST!
- When you’ve done that, make sure you’re ON all the relevant channels and have a reasonably decent profile.
- Then join in the conversation and seek to add value to others as an overriding principle through your genuine, passionate, committed and attentive approach.
- NEVER TRY AND SELL DIRECTLY – it turns people right off
- Welcome and respond to feedback and reviews (see our numerous articles on this subject especially the one entitled ‘There’s no such thing as a bad online review’)
- When you have a good profile and proven added value online – Consider adverts as they’re so easy to measure – start small and see what works first. Consider special deals via online activity.
- NEVER make special deals better than those that you offer to existing customers
- Review, measure, hone and keep it up and NEVER stop being genuine, passionate, committed and attentive
Social media is just open talk and gossip online. That’s it. So you need to act in a way that’s ‘worth talking about’ for all the right reasons, on and off line – be ‘remarkable’.
‘Sales through Service’ is a proven and powerful set of systems to boost sales whilst also enhancing the customer experience – to receive a free ebook ‘The 7 Deadly Sins of Sales’, please email email@example.com or visit http://www.salesthroughservice.com/free-sales-resources/